Sunday, March 29, 2009

How to hear LDS general conference live on your iPhone or iPod Touch

In church today, I realized that this year (next week!), I'll be able to listen to LDS General Conference in my yard, or car, or just about anywhere using my own iPhone app, ooTunes Radio! I thought, "hey there are probably lots of others who would like that too!", hence this blog. Since my app costs $4 (and does a lot more ... see Live Radio on iPhone and iPod Touch) but since I don't want to profiteer from General Conference, the first 40 people who leave a comment below telling who you look forward to hearing from most and why you'll want to listen to the 179th Annual General Conference April 4-5 2009 from your iPhone or iPod touch, will get a free "promotion code" that gives you the app for free. Unfortunately, Apple only gives me a set number of these codes (50 to be exact), they expire within 4 weeks (don't ask if you don't have an iPhone or iPod touch or don't plan to use it!) and they ONLY work for those with a US iTunes account (sorry! I know over half of the members are excluded by that alone!)

Also, you'll have to provide me with an email address somehow for me to be able to give the code to you, so the easiest way is for you to send me a message here. with a link to your comment or your name/blogger id and email so I know how to send it to you!

If the demand is overwhelming, I may try to give the app away for a short time for everyone else, but the problem with that is a) I lose my ranking in the for-sale apps and b) I have potentially a lot more customers to support with no payment for that.

But we'll see, maybe only 40 people care and the app is only $4.

Also, I should note that there is at least one app for free that can do the same thing, called FStream so if you don't get a free one from me, you can still listen for free with that!

Thanks and tell your friends!

Steve

P.S. If I didn't think of this so late, I would have created a free version that just does general conference! Maybe in October :)